Flexion Optical Fibre Ltd (“Flexion”, “We”, “Us” and “Our”) remain fully committed to the protection of privacy at all times. The information contained in this policy has been published to inform you of the way in which any Personal Data (as defined below) you provide us with or we collect from you will be used. Please read this information carefully in order to fully understand how we treat such Personal Data.
We will collect, store, use and disclose Personal Data in accordance with all applicable laws relating to the protection of Personal Data, including the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, the EU ePrivacy Directive 2002/58/EC as amended by Directive 2009/136/EC, as amended or superseded from time to time, and any national implementing legislation (“Data Protection Laws”).
For the purpose of Data Protection Laws, in relation to any Personal Data you submit to our platform, we will be the data controller.
PERSONAL DATA WE MAY OBTAIN FROM YOU
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We may obtain and use the following Personal Data about you and anyone you chose:
• Any correspondence we have with you should you contact us.
• Data you provide when you fill out forms on our Website.
• Data and information you submit or upload to us
• Details of your visits to our Website, which includes without limitation location and traffic data, weblogs, resources you access and other communication data. This includes cookies. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data we obtain from you may be moved to and stored at a destination within the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
As the transmission of data via the Internet cannot be assumed completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any of your data transmitted to us; you are therefore responsible for any risk associated with such transmission. We will however at all times take all reasonable steps to ensure the transmission of your data is executed as securely as possible, and upon receipt of your data we will continue at all times to enforce strict security procedures and features in an attempt to prevent any unauthorised access.
WHERE WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
We take security of all data we hold seriously. We have a framework of procedures and training in place covering data protection, confidentiality and security and regularly review the appropriateness of measures we have in place to keep the data we hold secure.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take security of all data we hold The Personal Data we hold about you may be used in any of the following ways:
• To provide you with our services/products
• For research and analytics purposes (for example, to improve the quality of our services).
• To ensure security for you, our staff and other users of the Service.
• To comply with applicable Laws, court orders, government and law enforcement agencies’ requests.
• To send you further information about our services for which we think you may have an interest. This information will be supplied only where you have given consent.
• To send you further information about our services based on a request we have received from you.
• To fulfil the obligations we have in relation to any contracts we have in place with you
• To provide you with notification about any changes to the Service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties will only occur in any of the following events:
• We use third parties to support us in providing our services and to help provide our services, run and manage our internal IT systems. For example, providers of IT, cloud based software as a service providers, website hosting and management, data anlaysis, data back-up, security and storage services. The servers powering and facilitating that cloud infrastructure are located in secure data centres around the world and personal data may be stored in any one of them.
• We are required to disclose your personal data in order to fulfil any legal obligation. In such case, information may be exchanged with third party companies or organisations in order to prevent fraud or reduce credit risk.
You acknowledge and agree that we may also disclose Personal Data with: (i) our service providers involved in the provision, distribution, delivery and support of the Service, including the storage of any Client Data; (ii) fraud prevention agencies; (iii) law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts and public authorities; and (iv) emergency services.
Our service providers have to follow our express instructions when processing the Personal Data you provide and must have in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard such Personal Data, and we do not allow them to use this information for their own commercial purposes.
You retain the right to request us to refrain from processing your data for the purposes of marketing. To exercise such right, you may reply to any information we send you, detailing your request that we refrain from sending any marketing correspondence, or you can exercise this same right by contacting us electronically via email at [email protected]
We may at times provide links on our Website to third party websites, including without limitation those owned or managed by our partner networks, affiliates or advertisers. These websites have separate privacy policies, and we therefore cannot accept any responsibility for the content. As such, choosing to follow these links is a choice you make at your own risk, and we advise that you check these websites’ individual privacy policies before submitting any personal data.
You retain at all times the right to access / amend / delete any Personal Data we hold about you or to exercise your right of data portability or to object to, or restrict, the purposes for which your Personal Data is processed on certain grounds. You may exercise this right by making a request in accordance with Data Protection Laws, by emailing [email protected]. You may also lodge a complaint with the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner should you be dissatisfied with the way that we handle your Personal Data.
HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA FOR
We will keep your Personal Data for the duration of the Service and in accordance with your instructions or for such periods as may be required by law.
If at any time we make a change to this policy, we will update this page to reflect such change.
This website is owned and operated by Flexion Optical Fibre Ltd.
Our principal place of business is Flexion House, Shaw Wood Business Park, Shaw Wood Way, Doncaster DN2 5TB.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 1302 328282